http://cloudvane.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/cloudvane_small-300x188.png 0 0 Mario Meir-Huber http://cloudvane.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/cloudvane_small-300x188.png Mario Meir-Huber2015-12-17 11:23:202015-12-17 11:23:20My Cloud predictions for 2016
2016 is around the corner and the question is, what the next year might bring. I’ve added my top 5 predictions that could become relevant for 2016:
- The Cloud war will intensify. Amazon and Azure will lead the space, followed (with quite some distance) by IBM. Google and Oracle will stay far behind the leading 2+1 Cloud providers. Both Microsoft and Amazon will see significant growth, with Microsoft’s growth being higher, meaning that Microsoft will continue to catch up with Amazon
- More PaaS Solutions will arrive. All major vendors will provide PaaS solutions on their platform for different use-cases (e.g. Internet of Things). These Solutions will become more industry-specific (e.g. a Solution specific for manufacturing workflows, …)
- Vendors currently not using the cloud will see declines in their income, as more and more companies move to the cloud
- Cloud Data Centers will become more often outsourced from the leading providers to local companies, in order to overcome local legislation
- Big Data in the Cloud will grow significantly in 2016 as more companies will put workload to the Cloud for these kind of applications
What do you think? What are your predictions?